Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And some more pieces....

Went hunting yesterday with mom, who just so happens to be the ultimate bargain hunter and project piece finder... and hit the jackpot!  Thanks mom!  I think I'm done hunting for a while.  Time to get to work!


Twin/single head, foot and side boards.

Cedar chest.  Top needs extensive repair, or I might just build a new one.  Really cool hardware.

Buffet server.  Some veneer work.  Mom may have already reserved it.

So many layers of paint!!  Really excited to see what's underneath it all.



So I've got my work cut out for me.  Lots of stripping old paint before moving on to the paint booth.  I'm debating whether or not to leave the twin sized bed alone... just refinish it instead of painting it.  It's a beautiful piece, but not vintage.  We'll see what happens.

2 comments :

freckled laundry said...

GREAT finds. I especially love the beds and dresser. I can't wait to see what's underneath it either. Thank you SO MUCH for your refinishing and paint removal advice on my antique crate. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me (and for leaving sweet comments and following my blog). I couldn't find the BriWax here but I'd love to use it on a desk that I'm refinishing... an online purchase may be in order. I posted the refinished crate yesterday. Let me know what you think! I'm by no means a professional but I love it!

Lucide said...

The events that led to these purchases made them so much more special. I'm especially excited about that poor peach dresser... I'm tackling the paint removal today, and found some beautiful hardware at Anthropologie yesterday (great resource for decorating).

I really hope you do find the BriWax and love it as much as I do!

And your crate is beautiful... wonderful job!