Sunday, August 15, 2010

Project Time!!

I've been going through so many peoples blogs in the past few days, and I have to say, I am so inspired!  So today I decided to go on CraigsList to see if there was anything worth purchasing.  And surprisingly there were quite a few goodies!

What I ended up purchasing today:

Dresser in really bad shape.
Beautiful vanity, again in really bad shape.

What I will be picking up tomorrow:

Full (or double) sized head and foot board.
Gorgeous little chair that the seat needs re-caned.






Luckily I rebuild and blend veneers really well, and if the damage is too extensive I can just install a new piece.  I do believe all of these pieces are going to get a paint job.  I was thinking something either light and creamy and glazed or a soft black for the two pieces I purchased today.  Not sure about the other pieces, because I just haven't seen them yet!  I should be in the paint booth all day Tuesday and Wednesday, so we'll see what happens then.  Maybe the paint choices will be as simple as what I happen to have in the pot those days.

There is also a little gem of a piece that I am waiting for an email response on.  The person listed it as "I'm not quite sure what it is, but it may have had a radio in it at one point".  It's actually a small writing desk complete with a cut-out for an ink bottle that is screaming to be re-finished!  And pick-up is right down the street from my house.  Fingers crossed!

No comments :